DeGreeve Auto Upholstery began in 1930 by proprietor Theodore DeGreeve Senior.
Born in Amsterdam, Holland, Theo Senior came to Alberta in 1926 and opened Theo DeGreeve Auto Upholstery in 1930.
In 1952 Theo Senior built the little yellow brick building which was located by the riverfront behind China Town near the Center Street Bridge. You could only fit 2 cars at time inside, truly humble beginnings.
After a lengthy illness Theo Senior passed away in 1966 and that same year the torch was passed on to the next generation, Theo DeGreeve Junior. Theo Jr. decided to drop the “Theo” in the name of the business, leaving it DeGreeve Auto Upholstery.
In 1983 Theo’s eldest son Darryl would join the company full time skillfully learning the family trade.
As the business flourished the company out grew the little yellow brick building and in 1992 a new home was built on 10 Street & 10 Ave.
The business continued to thrive under the watchful care of Theo Jr. until 2005 when he decided to finally retire after his successful 40 year career.
Once again the torch was passed to the next generation and in 2005 Darryl would be the new owner of DeGreeve Auto Upholstery with 22 years under his belt.
Now several years later the company has seen many changes but continues to be the leader in the auto upholstery industry.